What Is It For?
- This is a specialised form of executive coaching. Unlike the other forms, which are directly to do with raising at-work performance, it enables you to experience a greater sense of purpose, direction and meaning in your working life. And from that you usually experience increased motivation and enjoyment and – indirectly – higher performance.
- You could say it’s about helping you (a) understand yourself and what really matters to you and (b) remove the blocks to fulfilment.
Who Is It For?
It’s for people who, despite their success:
- Feel dissatisfied with their work life. They sense that who they’re being or what they’re doing doesn’t fulfil them any more. Inside, they notice their energy and conviction is receding because they lack a sense of purpose, meaning and direction in their life.
- Want to create a new agenda for their lives, but don’t know where to start. An agenda based around what they want to do (what they achieve or contribute)… or who they want to be (the personal qualities they want to express) or the inner state they want to reach… or all three.
- A motivating sense of purpose and direction plus a clear, realistic view of how to achieve this, with action follow-through.
- The chance of sustained energy, well-being and happiness, underpinned by a sense of fulfilment.
Fulfilment & Happiness
How is coaching for fulfilment linked to sustained happiness?
- Evidence comes from the field of positive psychology − the study of happiness and well-being.
- Positive psychology started in the 1950s under the influence of Abraham Maslow. Since then research by Martin Seligman and others has given us insights into happiness and well-being.
- Some of the key findings of positive psychology research:
- Ordinary happiness flows from having positive memories of your past, optimistic feelings about your future and a series of pleasures in the present.
- But sustained deep happiness comes from using your signature character strengths in the service of something greater than you. Something that gives your life a greater sense of meaning. Something that brings you fulfilment.
- Thus, coaching for fulfilment focuses on self-understanding to reveal your strengths, values, beliefs, passions and inner blocks, which lets you see and realise a way forward that’s uniquely fulfilling to you. A way forward that also brings sustained happiness.
- If fulfilment coaching is what you are looking for, call us on +44 (0)1525 718023 to arrange a free exploratory session.
- Or you can email us at email@example.com and we’ll phone you back.
- Alternatively, you can check out The Scouller Partnership in About Us or read more about executive coaching in the About Coaching section.