This page is for visitors wanting extra information on executive coaching or leadership. It’s designed to help you in four ways:
- First, by offering The Coaching Series — a library of short PDF articles written by James Scouller (scroll to the bottom for these).
- Second, by giving you a link to the website dedicated to James Scouller’s book, The Three Levels of Leadership: How to Develop Your Leadership Presence, Knowhow and Skill.
- Third, by providing links to James Scouller’s Leadership Blog so you can access his many other posts since March 2011.
- Fourth, by bringing you James Scouller’s three latest blog articles.
Book: The Three Levels of Leadership
There are so many ideas on how to lead effectively that they’ve confused a generation of leaders and ignored a key issue – their psychology. This book addresses the missing factor and shows readers how to develop their leadership presence, knowhow and skill. In so doing, it explains the previously hidden keys to what Jim Collins called “level 5 leadership” in his book Good to Great.
Released by a small independent UK publisher in 2011, it has become one of the top-selling leadership books on Amazon UK through word-of-mouth alone. By 2014, it had come to the attention of the British Army, who asked James to give a talk to 250 officer cadets, commanders and teaching staff at the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst. The expanded second edition came out in September 2016 with new tips, tools and models on motivation, executive presence, how to lead change and how to apply the four-dimensional approach to leadership.
If you’d like to know more about James Scouller’s book, The Three Levels of Leadership: How to Develop Your Leadership Presence, Knowhow and Skill, click this link here: about The Three Levels of Leadership.
James Scouller's Leadership Blog
Click here for the link to the main page, The Scouller Leadership Blog, where (as at July 2018) you will find over 70 blog articles. Here are direct links to a sample of his previous blog topics:
- What We Can Learn From Mandela’s Greatness as a Leader
- The Four Keys To Becoming A Good Leader
- What Is The Best Way To Motivate Your Team?
- Leadership: Is It Lonely At The Top?
- Are Leaders Born or Made?
- Leadership: Why Do We Find Change So Hard?
- Leadership, Culture Change and the NHS
- Leadership Styles Quickly Explained
- Why Won’t Dictators Let Go?
New articles appear on the blog every month. Subject categories include: Leadership Psychology, Self-Mastery, Questions & Answers (which are answers to questions from readers of The Three Levels of Leadership), Leadership & Current Events and many others.
Most Recent Blog Posts
The Four Dimensions of Leadership: New Video Series
Posted on July 22, 2020 by
Article announcing the release of my new 10-part video series, "On The Four Dimensions of Leadership" on my YouTube channel, The Leadership Mastery Suite. Read More
Measuring the Results of Executive Coaching
Posted on March 2, 2018 by
Short article showing how James Scouller, executive coach and author of The Three Levels of Leadership, measures the before-and-after results of his work with coaching clients. Read More
The Coaching Series: PDF Articles
The articles are listed below. Simply click on the article you want, fill in your details and it will be emailed to you free of charge. All articles are in PDF format so you will need to download Adobe Reader if it’s not already on your system.