This page is for visitors wanting extra information on executive coaching or leadership. It’s designed to help you in four ways:
- By giving you a link to the website dedicated to James Scouller’s books, The Three Levels of Leadership: How to Develop Your Leadership Presence, Knowhow and Skill (1st ed. 2011, 2nd ed. 2016) and the How to Build Winning Teams Again and Again trilogy (2024).
- By giving you access to James Scouller’s YouTube channel: The Leadership Mastery Suite®.
- By providing links to James Scouller’s many online articles on the Leadership Mastery Suite® website since March 2011.
- By offering The Coaching Series — a library of short PDF articles written by James Scouller (scroll to the bottom for these).
Book: The Three Levels of Leadership
There are so many ideas on how to lead effectively that they’ve confused a generation of leaders and ignored a key issue – their psychology. This book addresses the missing factor and shows readers how to develop their leadership presence, knowhow and skill. In so doing, it explains the previously hidden keys to what Jim Collins called “level 5 leadership” in his book Good to Great.
Released by a small independent UK publisher in 2011, it has become one of the top-selling leadership books on Amazon UK through word-of-mouth alone. By 2014, it had come to the attention of the British Army, who asked James to give a talk to 250 officer cadets, commanders and teaching staff at the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst. The expanded second edition came out in September 2016 with new tips, tools and models on motivation, executive presence, how to lead change and how to apply the four-dimensional approach to leadership.
If you’d like to know more about James Scouller’s book, The Three Levels of Leadership: How to Develop Your Leadership Presence, Knowhow and Skill, click this link here: about The Three Levels of Leadership.
Trilogy: How to Build Winning Teams Again and Again
This is the first series of handbooks to explain the psychology, principles and roadmaps behind team success. Book 1 explains what you need to know about teams – especially the hidden psychology, how they differ from ordinary task groups and why it takes conscious effort to build them. Book 2 explains what you need to do to nail the psychological issues described in book 1 and build – and regenerate – successful teams. Book 3 explains how to apply book 2 is ideas in three different scenarios: a brand-new team, an existing team, a team in trouble.
It will be released in January 2024. If you’d like more detail on James Scouller’s trilogy, How to Build Winning Teams Again and Again, click this link: about How to Build Winning Teams Again and Again trilogy
The Leadership Mastery Suite® Channel on YouTube
The Leadership Mastery Suite ® channel on YouTube currently features:
(1) A ten-part video series where I outline the Four Dimensions of Leadership. This offers you a powerful new model plus two simple tools for rapidly improving your ability to lead people.
(2) An eleven-part video series where I explain Leadership Presence – what it is, how it’s different to charisma, its seven qualities and what you can do, practically, to let your unique presence unfold.
(3) A short video of me introducing my book, The Three Levels of Leadership.
Here is a link to the “On the Four Dimensions of Leadership” playlist: Episode 1 of 10: Are You Stuck on the Leaders Growth Curve?
Here is a link to the “On Leadership Presence” playlist: Episode 1 of 11: What Is Presence?
Online Articles at The Leadership Mastery® Suite website
Click here for the link to the main Articles page where, as at September 2023, James has posted over 80 blog articles. You’ll have to register to gain access but it’s quick, easy and free. You can unsubscribe any time.
New articles appear there every month. Subject categories include: Leadership Psychology, Self-Mastery, Questions & Answers (which are answers to questions from readers of The Three Levels of Leadership), Leadership & Current Events, Team Building and many others.
The Coaching Series: PDF Articles
The articles are listed below. Simply click on the article you want, fill in your details and it will be emailed to you free of charge. All articles are in PDF format so you will need to download Adobe Reader if it’s not already on your system.